Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ACCEPTANCE(RETWEET PLZ)

While observing several conversations on all the social networking sites, blogs and forums that I am a part of and or manage. I got an epiphany of something that I have already known for years but there are times we forget what we know and need to take a refresher course on lessons already learned.

That lesson for me was that sometimes we have to leave people where they are at. Just because I am ready to move on to a higher intellectual level, educational level, spiritual level or emotional level doesn't mean that its time for everyone else to as well.

Everyone develops at their own rate and we will only be met with resistance and frustration when we try to force that which is not ready, and ultimately either end up frustrating ourselves or stunting our own growth.

People are like cakes and they must do their time in the oven to be made ready for removal. Would you stand at an oven door yelling at a cake to hurry up and be done?

We have to accept the fact that some people aren't mentally, emotionally, educationally or spiritually ready to be where we think that they should be and we need acceptance with that. Our goal in life is not to fix them but to work on ourselves. Those we can help we help but we have to accept that sometimes what you have just aint for err body. There is a biblical scripture that goes Don't cast your peals before swine. You could be dead right but it might not be that persons season to know it.

The need to be right or understood goes back to vanity and pride and this is something that robs us of happiness.  Yall know my phrase I try to live by is you are entitled to feel anyway you want about me and my life even if it is absolutely wrong. It is not my job to make you understand me. I am valid inspite of your opinions of me.

I encourage you all today to just do you, Don't let that which is outside of you affect you any more than it should.

I live you with my sister Erica's favorite saying " It is what it is"

love you pumpkins

Chanel

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from TSSexyChanel's (Observations on life & Common Sense)

No comments: