Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SocialNetworking & The Cult Mentality

You know I like to observe life. So here goes some of my thoughts on the type of society we have become. I have always been someone that celebrated my individuality and ability to think for myself.
 
I sit back and I watch people go thru their meaningless lives looking for someone to tell them what they want need and that they are happy, accepted & cool. I find it to be a very sad existence.

To never have a sense of self must be the worst type of life ever. 


The group mentality always seems to gravitate to the negative or just plain stupid. I did a posting some time back asking the question is it just me? Time after time I sit around a group of people or just watch peoples interactions in social situations or on social sites and I am just astounded at the sheep mentality.

 



I never understand adults who are so hungry to be loved and accepted or recognized by people that don’t matter.



 The search for something for most people is so great they will put themselves in situations that they more than likely will do things that they normally would not do.


I find most social situations and social networks to be very cult like. Very few people think for themselves these days. There is a whole lot of people just going bout being told by others what they should want out of life, what they need in life, how they should live life, who they should talk to, and if they are valuable as a human being. Now I have friends who I have a lot in common with almost to the point we are like one person and can finish each others thoughts but the beauty of our relationship is that we always maintain our sense of self.
None of my friends or romantic relationships completely consume me nor I them. We are two individuals sharing a common liking and or experience.
LEARN TO REALIZE WHEN YOU ARE DOING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND WHEN YOU ARE JUST BEING A PART OF THE IN CROWD



No comments: