Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Basic Human Rights should be our priority

Above is the video I did for TheXDExperience he asked me to talk about my feelings on gay marriage. Like I stated in the video I think that they should have the right to marry but to me too much money, time and energy is being put into marriage when peoples basic human rights are being neglected.

I want to live in a world of true acceptance not just tolerance. To be tolerated is not the same as being equal and sharing in the full benefits of the world.

Just like people of color being tolerated during the civil rights era would not stand for being half citizens people in the LBGT community must not accept small things. The only thing I am willing to accept is full acceptance under the law.

There is a bigger issue at stake here this is so much larger than marriage it is about people deciding that your life is not equal to or valid because of your sexuality. Getting married will not change this ignorance and attitude only education and fighting for your basic human right to be who you are can.

love you pumpkins

Chanel

Posted via email from TSSexyChanel's (Observations on life & Common Sense)

No comments: